Stratton Student Center
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
MIT’s Stratton Student Center is a centrally located hub that offers students a place to gather, study and dine, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Jones Architecture provided design and construction administration services for several renovations to student, vendor and administrative spaces in the building, including:
- Wiesner Gallery: The Wiesner Gallery provides a space for students to display their artistic endeavors. The gallery was renovated with new finishes and updated to facilitate multi-media art projects.
- MIT Federal Credit Union: An extensive renovation to the existing MIT FCU branch with a high level of finish that reflects the credit union’s updated brand identity.
- Recycling and Materials Management Office: A renovation to an existing office suite for the R&MM office, which oversees all waste and recycling programs on campus.
- Kosher Kitchen: A portion of an existing commercial kitchen was renovated and separated for Kosher food storage and preparation.
- Tech Callers: The MIT Tech Callers Program is the gifting call center for the Alumni Fund Office. The call center was relocated to an existing office suite in the basement of the student center.
1,100 GSF (Weisner Gallery)
1,200 GSF (MIT Federal Credit Union)
1,320 GSF (Recycling and Materials Management Office)
500 GSF (Kosher Kitchen)
1,350 GSF (Tech Callers)