Narrative Box 10
C. Gerald Lucey Building
Mass timber structural elements for the C. Gerald Lucey Building included CLT floor and roof panels, glulam beams and glulam columns. CLT wall panels were eliminated due to fire code requirement of cladding, and glulam diagonal braces were eliminated to forego variance process.
- Volume of wood products used: 333 cubic meters (11,763 cubic feet)
- According to the Woodworks Calculator, U.S. and Canadian forests grow this much wood in: 1 minute
- Total potential carbon benefit: 362 metric tons
- Carbon stored in the wood: 261 Metric Tons.
- Avoided greenhouse gas emissions: 101 Metric Tons.